Trantec’s augers are used widely in flavouring and seasoning applications involving Metering Screw Feeders and similar powder dosing machinery (such as Filling Machines, Powder Samplers, Pocket Fillers, Micro-Batch Feeders).
Having worked closely with many snack foods manufacturers for over 20 years, Trantec offers a wealth of experience to assist you with your seasoning requirements. We can offer advice on poorly performing existing equipment and can advise on alternative types of augers which are better suited to your application.
Often, a change in screw size is the best way to adjust material flow rates. Trantec can supply your auger along with the delivery tube or front plate fabrication for existing flavouring and powder metering devices.
Trantec’s Metering Screw Feeders work alongside your existing seasoning or powder feeding system to evenly distribute flavouring powders onto your snacks or baked goods. Employing the latest in powder dosing technology, the risk of over-seasoning your products is now a thing of the past.
Accuracy is determined by the size and shape of the auger. To ensure the correct flow rates, the Metering Feeder system will be designed around the auger screw. Our methods ensure that the correct combination of motor drive and gearbox is selected, ensuring the correct rates as desired.
Trantec can produce a variety of augers in different shapes and sizes, meeting all requirements. We work closely alongside all our clients until approval has been received for your final design.
Having worked closely with snacks manufacturers since Trantec’s inception, we understand the strict legislation in place. Trantec work in compliance with all EC, FDA, USDA, and 3-A Dairy food contact regulations. We can also offer advice on current legislation, ensuring all construction materials chosen are suitable for your application.
Hygiene and cleanliness are essential factors for any food-contact application. Trantec’s Metering Screw Feeders are modular in design, offering hassle-free expansion to include any easy-clean features. Our powder feeders are available with multiple upgrades. Our modules include:
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) configurations – Reduce production downtime.
- Quick-release add-on – Strip your machine down in minutes for rapid clean-down.
- Sanitary construction – 304/316 stainless steel construction.
- Food grade polish finishes – Including mirror (0.2Ra) finish.
- Gravimetric Feeders (Loss-in-Weight Feeder, Loss-in-Weight Batch System, and Gain-in-Weight Batch System) – Add an integrated weighing base and control system for added precision.
- Stainless motor upgrade.
- Level detection probes.
- Metal detectable gaskets.
- Integrated safety lock and switch.
- Automatic Keg Tip powered by Belimo motor.
- Cartridge Shaft Seals – Trantec introduces fixed, removable, and disposable seals (manufactured using food-contact approved material PTFE-GF).
- ATEX approved construction – For potentially explosive materials.
- Compact sized Screw Feeders – Introducing the new Trantec M series Micro Screw Feeder/Micro-Batch Feeder.
Trantec’s seasoning and flavouring augers are produced crevice-free and to a fine finish, preventing any risk cross-contamination. High standards of sanitary hygiene are maintained, eliminating bug traps.
Snack foods often present a wide variety of seasoning challenges. Seasonings used in the production of snack foods (such as popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, tortilla chips, etc.) may vary massively in their flow and feed characteristics.
Trantec provides a free Product Testing & Trials Service, offering easy and stress-free determination of which equipment would be best suited to your application. All you need to do is get in touch via our Contact Us page to discuss sending a sample of material to run trials with, and we will take it from there!
Once our comprehensive tests are conclusive, a video will be provided along with the results that we found with details of which system and set-up we recommend would suit your application best. You can also witness the trials first-hand, should this be preferred.
Trantec holds over two decades worth of experience working with snacks food manufacturers. We pride ourselves on working directly with some of the largest UK and EU-based snacks brands and process machinery suppliers. Benefits of our powder handing solutions include:
- Quick Release add-on option available.
- Easy CIP (clean in place), ensuring that your machine can stay in position.
- PTFE-GF Cartridge Shaft Seals – in-house manufactured and delivered next day.
- Interchangeable Components – if replacement machined parts are needed.
- High-quality Load Cells – IP68 rated, available in C3 (off-the-shelf) and C4 (not off-the-shelf) classes.
- Fully machined, crevice-free augers.