Trantec is a leading designer and manufacturer of Metering Screw Feeders for dry bulk solids applications, supplying businesses across the globe. Metering Feeders are versatile with the materials that they are able to process, with harsh granules, flakes, and fine powders being just a few examples of typical materials handled.
For those unfamiliar with the term, Metering Screw Feeders have been given many different names over the years, depending on the manufacturer and location. A few examples are:
- Metering Screw Feeders.
- Auger Feeders.
- Screw Feeders.
- Volumetric Feeders / Gravimetric Feeders
- Loss in Weight Feeders / Gain in Weight Feeders.
- Micro Feeders / Micro Screw Feeders / Micro-Batch Feeders.
- Auger/Agitator Metering Mechanisms.
- Metering Feeders.
- Powder Feeders.
- Single Screw Feeders / Twin Screw Feeders
Utilising the latest powder dosing technology, coupled with advanced weighing systems, Trantec’s Metering Screw Feeders can be customised to meet the demands of almost any application. With our customisable augers and load transducers, feed rates of 1/10g – tonnes per hour can be achieved.
Trantec’s powder feeder systems are in operation worldwide, with customers ranging from universities, blue-chip companies, and multinational brands, to small and local businesses. We deliver high accuracy in all areas of bulk handling, serving an assortment of industries.
Trantec’s latest service to be offered is our M-Series Metering Screw Feeder add-on components. Although our Metering Feeders are available as standard, cost-effective base models, a variety of additional features and upgrades can be installed upon request, including:
- A variety of motors:; AC motors, DC motors, stainless steel motors, stepper motors, and servo Motors – our servo motors offer precise control of angular/linear positions, acceleration rates, and velocity.
- Upgrade to a stainless steel gear box:. A compliment to sanitary solutions.
- In-house manufactured seals: Dry-run, 100% PTFE-GF (Polytetrafluoroethylene Glass Filled) food grade compliant material, easily interchangeable.
- Quick-release / Easy-Clean features: Save time and effort when dismantling your machine for quick and easy cleaning, and of course, reduced downtime.
- Variable storage capacities on Conditioning Zones: Also known as a storage hopper, or conditioning chamber.
- Integrated Weighing Base & PLC Controls: For added precision and feed accuracy. Gravimetric controls can be installed, with both batching and continuous loss-in-weight and gain-in-weight configurations available.
- Independently driven product agitator: Controlled conditioning via a separate motor drive and gearbox combination specifically selected to suit your material flow properties.
- A selection of polishes and finishes: Welds as laid, standard, 2B, ground crevice-free, mirror, painted (mild steel only), and bead blasted.
We understand that one Metering Screw Feeder can not always meet all customer requirements. Trantec overcame this with the introduction of customisable, interchangeable augers and components. Whilst modular in design, they are based on Trantec’s core powder metering technology without compromise to quality or build.
Trantec’s Metering Feeders are also available with quick-release features and adjustable storage capacities. Both volumetric and gravimetric configurations can be applied, including both complex loss-in-weight and gain-in-weight controls.
For accurate dosing of bulk solids, Trantec introduces our new M-Series Metering Screw Feeders. Offering true modular design, Trantec's 'M' powder screw feeders provide superior performance at truly competitive pricing. Their modular design allows for our standard base models to be instantly customised to your specific needs, saving you both time and money.
Multiple Metering Screw Feeders can be integrated to form complete recipe preparation systems. Combined with our range of controls options, the M Metering Feeder range is the right choice for all your precision-based feeding applications.
Volumetric or gravimetric feeding of powders, flakes, pellets, granules, and other bulk solid materials as part of a larger manufacturing process.
Metering Screw Feeder featuring special modular design for easy modification. A wide range of augers, agitators, hoppers, and control options are available for poor flowing materials.
All M-Series base models consist of a Single Screw Feeder mounted on a steel plinth. The robust design ensures easy cleaning and minimal maintenance is required.
The drive system is comprised of a propriety AC TEFC motor, purchased from a leading gearbox manufacturer. Our "sealed for life" design ensures maximum durability and minimal maintenance. We do not incorporate chains or drive belts, thus adding to the robust construction qualities of our powder metering devices.
Selection of the correct Metering Screw Feeder configuration is essential for achieving optimum performance and accuracy. Trantec Solids Handling Limited offers a free comprehensive product testing and evaluation service to all of our clients. Upon completion of testing your material(s), we will provide you with a report detailing our findings and our recommendations for trouble-free feeding. Alternatively, customers can witness material trials first-hand or request a video to be sent with your report.