Metering Feeder Spares
This page is currently in development – Please check back soon. Edited: (06/12/17)
Trantec specialise in the manufacture and supply of OEM Spares for Metering Feeders. For more information please call 01282 777566.
Trantec is a specialist in auger manufacturing, with over 20 years’ experience in the field. Our augers are widely used for their minimal tolerance thresholds, superior strength, and swift production. Businesses worldwide have since made the switch to Trantec Augers, opting for a premium quality product to further improve and maintain flow rates and feed accuracy.
Typical Auger-Based Machinery:
- Metering Screw Feeders.
- Filling Machines.
- Micro-Batch Feeders.
- Rigid Auger Conveyors.
Traditionally, augers manufacturing techniques were more of an art than a science. Production methods were slow and in the hands of few highly skilled craftsmen. Trantec took the decision to develop our own methods of auger screw production, opting instead for Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) as our method of production. Firstly, we started our mission by upgrading our production facility, opting for the latest in Mill CNC/Doosan technology to speed up production and cut costs.
Trantec adopts “aerospace” methods of manufacturing, producing a superior product. Quality and reproducibility are essential to our production process. Fractions of a millimetre in accuracy are typical and can be easily maintained across batches. Trantec’s advanced manufacturing techniques save costs and our methods are not labour intensive. Once the design is finalised, production can begin with minimal human intervention. The cost savings are then passed onto our customers, producing a quality auger at a sensible, fair price.
We have since manufactured replacement augers for many popular brands of powder feeders, including some of the industries largest OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers). Trantec Augers are a direct replacement, carrying a firm guarantee of complete functionality, or your money back!
Many of our customers approach us for an alternative quote after initially contacting the manufacturer of their original machine. We understand and appreciate that machine users would prefer to fit an auger from the OEM, although regrettably many will charge a substantial premium for screw feeder and auger spares. Augers are engineered components and can be faithfully reproduced.
Trantec’s bring high-tech manufacturing methods to today’s solids handling market, offering highly efficient production which is in-turn cheaper. Your replacement auger will perform to the exact same standard (or better) of your original, or you pay nothing. This is Trantec’s firm guarantee of quality.
- Accurate reproduction of your existing auger.
- Direct replacement for your Metering Screw Feeder, Filling Machine, or Micro-Batch Feeder.
- Enhanced finish with minimal hand polishing (including mirror finish 0.2Ra).
- 303, 304 and 316 stainless steel construction available.
- Competitively priced.
- “Try-before-you-buy” service on large orders.
- Single auger.
- Twin augers.
- Multi-start flutes.
- Interchangeable augers.
Fast auger production and turnaround is the norm for Trantec. It has enabled us to meet the highly demanding production schedules of our clients. Prototype augers have been previously produced in 36 hours, from inception to delivery, with standard auger screws delivered the same day!
Our production methods are highly adaptable. Whether it is just a “one-off” order as a quick replacement for your application or long production runs, Trantec can assist as required by our customers. A “try-before-you-buy” service is available for multiple orders, taking the risk out of product development and ensuring that your requirements are met.
At Trantec, we understand the importance of having variation in auger materials. Trantec provides a range of suitable construction materials used to meet strict legislation requirements. Our available materials include:
- 303/304/316 stainless steel.
- Mild steel.
- Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE).
- Metal detectable plastic (commonly Polyethylene PE1000).
Food and Pharmaceutical applications require food contact approved materials for manufacturing. Trantec can advise you on each materials pros and cons, helping you to understand which auger material is best suited to you. From corrosion resistance of various steels to the chemical resistance of UHMWPE, Trantec can assist.
Advantages of UHMWPE:
- High resistance to tensile and compressive stress.
- High operational temperatures.
- Great dielectric properties.
- Highly resistant to many stripping agents and solvents, including; alkalis, acids, organic solvents, degreasing agents, and non-toxic electrolytic attack.
- Easy assembly and production.
- Non-staining properties.
- Abrasion to chemical erosion resistant, when compared to other polymers.
- Self-lubricating with non-stick qualities.
Advantages of 303 Grade Stainless Steel:
- Greater machinability when compared to other grades of stainless steel due to the addition of sulphur (S).
Advantages of 304 Grade Stainless Steel:
- Contains 18% chromium (Cr) and 8% nickel (Ni), providing resistance to acidic and caustic solutions.
- Reduced risk of intergranular corrosion.
Advantages of 316 Grade Stainless Steel:
- Greater resistance all-around than that of 304 stainless steel.
- Easier fabrication, welding, and cleaning properties.
- Increased resistance to sodium chloride (NaCl) based substances.